Wednesday, September 25, 2013

For unto Us a Child Is Born (1)

I have been waiting to use a wonderful Close to My Heart stamp that I got some time ago, and Christmas is the time to use it. I will be making several cards using this stamp, each with a somewhat different design.

I got some silver mesh ribbon from Hobby Lobby yesterday and glued about four layers of it onto a piece of white cardstock. Onto that I put four corner embellishments (Cheery Lynn B162 Lace Corner Deco B). After stamping the sentiment, I cut around it with those kind of scissors that make a pretty patterned cut, then inked around the edges with silver ink, then black ink around the outermost edges. This is put onto the card with dimensional stickies. A white sparkly bow is added for a finishing touch. Here is the card:



And here is a closeup of the bow:


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes  4/5
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes  NL
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes NL
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes  1/2
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Must Use Ribbon
Creative Card Crew - Christmas  1/2
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes  1/2
The Glory of Christmas Challenge - Monochromatic
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes as Long as It's Christmas


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits, and your encouraging comments mean more to me than you know. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

10 comments:

  1. A very pretty card you have! Love the shimmery ribbon. Thank you for participating with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck. Make sure you have the PTT Badge on your blog to be eligible to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card and lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card - love that bow- thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas monochrome challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Nicely constructed and presented! Thanks for leaving this in our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely elegant card ,love all the shimmer
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS, Ginny. I love the bow and all the shimmer you've given this amazing card. Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge this week. May God bless you for sharing and taking the time to link with us. You are SUCH a blessing to me!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card. Love the ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us in our Use Ribbon Challenge at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the verse you used, such a pretty glittery card :) Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

    Mei
    CCC DT
    Love to Create DT
    Crazy Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love this Close to My Heart stamp!
    I linked over from MIM where I am participating with my
    Thank You Card
    I would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)