Sunday, September 1, 2013

You Crown the Year...

This week at Joan's Gardens I am entering another card with these guidelines:
  • Use gingham, checks or plaids
  • Colors:  green, white and brown
  • Butterflies
  • Something fallish... pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves, etc.

I have to admit that I shamelessly stole Darlene's idea about the fence and the green gingham background. She gave me such a great idea looking at her card and kind of got me out of my layout that I had been stuck in for awhile.

I took a piece of blue paper and cut it to size, then dabbed white ink on it with a sponge to resemble clouds, then glued it onto the base white cardstock. On top of that is a strip of green gingham which was made by using an ODB gingham stamp and green ink.  On top of that is a little fence cut from a brown paper lunch sack using a die cut. It is attached with dimensional stickies to make it stand out against the gingham background. A green double-looped bow is added with the ribbon threaded between the slats of the fence. The tree and pumpkins are cut outs. I bent the tree branches so that they appear more "3-D-ish," so they also stand out a bit. The sentiment is printed from my computer and is cut with a scallop oval die, which was lightly inked around the edges with gold ink. Last, but not least, tiny little punched out butterflies are added.

The card still seemed to be lacking something, so I had some gold vellum leaves that were left over from a previous project and so I tucked them around the fence and the pumpkins.

Here is the card:




Here are the tools used to make the card:
  • Spellbinders:  Lacy Ovals, S4-314
  • Our Daily Bread:  Gingham Stamp 
  • Cheery Lynn:  Victorian Picket Fence, B123 
  • Memory Box: Fabulous Phlox (gold leaves)
  • Bow Easy
  • Paper Studio:  Tiny Butterfly Punch
  • Gold Vellum
  • Green and gold ink
  • Green and silver ribbon

I am also entering this card at Simon Says and  Word Art Wednesday.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny - this is a lovely card - it is OK to lift from another person - I did not realize this until Darlene told me! So I lift now and then - enjoy your week! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! Best wishes in winning my blog anniversary candy! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE scripture cards, and this is really pretty. You have a lot of wonderful creations, and I love looking at them. I found my way to your sweet blog through Word Art Wednesday. I just became your follower and would love to have you follow my blog (I don't have many followers).
    Thanks for sharing your cards and for letting me be inspired by them.
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Very pretty.

    Thanks for playing along with us in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!
    XOXO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Ginny. Great combinations of things and pretty colors.Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)